Monday, November 8, 2010

Crazy Days, Collection Continued

This weekend, we had an insane Saturday - for about an hour. There was a kid at the desk who needed help finding a copy of Harry Potter and didn't know where the YA section was. The phone was ringing, a man needed help printing in a hurry, and another man needed to know how to fit everything on one page, In the meantime, everyone was away from the desk, and when someone came back and said she wanted to take a break because she needed a snack, I thought the other librarian was going to smack her.

However, after a little while, it calmed down again and was quiet - minus the Adorable Adoptable dogs barking downstairs and one 911 call that we had to make because a patron downstairs was having chest pains.

In other news, I'm enjoying my collection evaluation project. I've made a list from about 3 different sources, and I'm going through the catalog checking to see if we have particular jazz albums, whether we have other albums by the artist, and whether the album is actually available on CD right now. Sometimes we have the item, but it's gone missing - and now it's not available. There are holes in the collection that are starting to make themselves more clear - but we have plenty of Duke Ellington and Miles Davis, so that's a comfort. I look forward to working on it for the next few weeks.